Racer and Visitor Guide
Welcome to beautiful Lakeport, California and the second annual RPP Hobby Lakeport Downtown Criterium presented by Chevron & Power Market!
The city of Lakeport is located in Lake County, California and is situated on the north shore of California’s largest natural Lake, Clear Lake. Lakeport and Lake County has long been a tourist and vacation destination since the early 1900’s and boast the cleanest air in California, which makes for excellent cycling!
Our race is in a festival-like atmosphere in a quaint vacation destination. We have created an event that includes music, beer from our own local micro brewery (race sponsor O’Meara Brothers Brewery), and many local restaurants and bars right on the race course making for exciting spectator viewing.
The race course itself is literally one block from the beautifully maintained lakefront city park where you and your family and friends can picnic, swim, fish or even rent jet skis on site! If you are a boater, wake boarder , bass fisherman or dirt bike rider, we encourage you to bring your toys as our community is perfect for all those activities following your race or the day after!
Pro Tips for an Excellent Race Weekend
We highly recommend getting here early! Remember to take the exit 103/11th Street exit from Highway 29 and proceed to the only STOP sign at the “T” intersection of 11th & Main Street. At this “T” intersection turn right and head into downtown Lakeport. You may park anywhere along Main Street between 11th Street and 4th Street, or in the lakefront dirt parking lot across from 8th Street. The pro tip, however, is to turn LEFT onto 5th Street toward the boat ramp at the Bank of America building and right into the lakefront city parking lot and continue toward the big city park with the gazebo! This puts you on the water and less than 1 block from the crit course, beer garden, sign ups, restaurants and more!
NOTE: if you take Exit 102/Lakeport Blvd you may be turned around and sent back to Highway 29 to use exit 103. Exit 102/Lakeport Blvd will take you to the southern end of Main Street which will be closed for the crit course and is the furthest point from the action and festivities, but does have several convenience stores, gas stations, and boat & jet ski rentals (at Disney Watersports, one of our sponsors). You may certainly park anywhere on South Main Street or the surface streets if you wish, but the lakefront park and north Main Street are much better!
- Race Sponsor! O’Meara Brothers Brew Pub: Local micro brewed ales, and excellent food!
- Race Sponsor! The Clearlake Club–Local saloon directly across from start finish line. Full bar, pool & music
- Park Place Restaurant: Outdoor, lakefront, full bar menu
50 3rd Street
- TnT On the Lake: Lakefront Mexican dining, outdoor seating, amazing margaritas, lake views and full bar menu.
2599 Lakeshore Blvd
- Sanducci’s Cottage: best breakfast and burgers in town hands down!
1090 N Main St
- Renee’s Cafe
1005 N Main St
- NEW! Fresh & Bangin’ Eatery 155 N Main Street ON RACE COURSE! Unique menus, beer & wine
- Jack’s Gaslight Grill 135 N Main Street ON RACE COURSE! Awesome burgers and beer
- NEW! Juicy’s Pizza
155 Park Street
- Fiesta Market: authentic Mexican food, best burritos in town
430 S Main St
- RACE Sponsor! Rodeway Inn & Suites Skylark Shores Resort 707-263-6151 Walking distance to course
- Regency Inn Lakeport 888-800-8002 Walking distance to course****SPECIAL RATES FOR ATHLETES*** TELL THEM YOU’RE HERE FOR THE CRIT
- Anchorage Inn 707-263-5417 Walking distance to course ****SPECIAL RATES FOR ATHLETES*** TELL THEM YOU’RE HERE FOR THE CRIT
- Lakeport English Inn 707-263-4317
- Featherbed Railroad B&B 707-274-8378
- Konocti Vista Casino & Hotel
- Twin Pine Casino and Hotel – In Middletown
- Robinson Rancheria Bingo & Casino 707-262-4000
- Tallman Hotel 707-275-2245
More Things to Do
- Concerts in the Park: Friday night will feature live music in Lakeport Library park. Music starts at 6PM, see this page for details.
- Wine Tasting: Lake County is home to over 30 wineries and 8,700 acres of vineyards. Visit LakeCountyWineries.org to learn more.
- More: visit LakeCounty.com for more activity ideas!